Project Co-ordinator Resume (CV)

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Does anyone have a good template for a Project Co-ordinator Resume (CV) please? Thank you.

Alternatively, if anyone has any good advice on the layout / content to include in the Resume, then please advise.

One thing I am not sure on is the order of the sections of the resume, what is best to start with?

I do have a resume put together, but I want to amend and update it.

Thank you in advance.
Lester

begeland

i3666-

I'm not sure a template is going to do the trick for you. I rely on a chronological resume, but the key is to make sure you use meaningful, quantitative info in the resume. Avoid things like "responsible for" or "experienced at". Focus on bullet items that convey numbers. Like "lead a team of 3 developers, 2 data analysts, and 1 business analyst to implement a $268k solution for a government agency." Or "lead a project that successfully implemented 7 change orders in 4 months increasing project revenue by $135k." That shows the customer was happy with the change orders (because they paid for them) and that you increased revenue successfully for your organization. And if you didn't officially 'lead' these activities, you can convey that you 'played a key role' in them. Get creative...use attention drawing numbers whenever you can - especially dollar figures.

Brad
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

begeland wrote:i3666-

I'm not sure a template is going to do the trick for you. I rely on a chronological resume, but the key is to make sure you use meaningful, quantitative info in the resume. Avoid things like "responsible for" or "experienced at". Focus on bullet items that convey numbers. Like "lead a team of 3 developers, 2 data analysts, and 1 business analyst to implement a $268k solution for a government agency." Or "lead a project that successfully implemented 7 change orders in 4 months increasing project revenue by $135k." That shows the customer was happy with the change orders (because they paid for them) and that you increased revenue successfully for your organization. And if you didn't officially 'lead' these activities, you can convey that you 'played a key role' in them. Get creative...use attention drawing numbers whenever you can - especially dollar figures.

Brad

Thanks Brad. Some really helpful pointers
kwalford
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is exactly what I personally was looking for,

http://www.arraspeople.co.uk/project-ma ... cv-advice/

I hope this helps others.
LettyLocke

In a Project Co-ordinator resume, you must include your relevant experience enough so that it gets highlighted to the HR. Stress about your projects and about how you handled them. A good template and editing it according to our need is a very good idea and time saver thing. I do it all the time and the final resume then is indeed very professional. It worked for me and helped me a lot. Good luck!