Automatic resource allocation depending on tasks - help!

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
JT94

Hello,

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while but have not found an efficient way to complete the below task - hopefully someone can help!

I have to schedule many tasks on several different vehicles. There is a fixed time period i.e 100 working days that all tasks must be completed in. We also have a finite amount of vehicles, say 20 for now.

However the vehicles come with various specs: left hand drive, right hand drive, high grade, low grade, mid etc.

Nearly all tasks require specific spec vehicles i.e. left hand drive high grade. Sometimes they can be a combination i.e. left hand drive OR right hand drive AND low grade OR mid grade (but not high)

All the tasks are listed in excel and so far I have always manually calculated and organised all the tasks onto the vehicles then input this into MS projects which is a very labour intensive task.

If anyone can help out it would be much appreciated!

Thanks
CalvinArnold

Hi,

I understand your issue. I will suggest you to go with ai tool i.e. artificial intelligence tool. Artificial Intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. These processes include learning (the acquisition of information and rules for using the information), reasoning (using rules to reach approximate or definite conclusions) and self-correction.

I am using Greyfly tool past 2 months and i am quite happy with that. You must go through that, it will surely help you.
Kruchten

How is AI connected to this? I don't get it.
Nicci

Hi JT94,

Manually calculating all of this sounds like it takes up an enormous amount of time! We would certainly be able to build and host a system for you that could automate this process.

If this is still something you are trying to solve, please feel free to get in touch and we can further discuss how you would like this to work?

Best regards,

Nicci