Project Management

This forum is for members to share and gain knowledge of Project Management. Got a question about project management? Need help with a problem? Wish to offer tips and advice? Post here.
trevor.mazibuko

Why do successful projects demand a special kind of management
rattanw

I am not sure about "special", though, in my opinion, every successful project does need in depth project management. Kind of getting your hands dirty types.
begeland
Expert Member
Expert Member

I agree with rattanw. Project success is less than 50% anyway (I don't mean getting the project done, I mean full-on, everything-went-great project success). So it is imperative that every project has project management wrapped around it. It can be scalable to the project - not every project needs extreme detail. But there are some key best practices that need to happen, up front planning and processes laid out, budget and schedule in place, and a communication infrastructure setup. Otherwise, you'll always be rolling the dice and if you do experience a project 'success' you won't really know why and you'll have difficulty replicating it.
Annacarter

Yes, Management is required to do any project. There are many colleges which provide training on business management. These courses help us in future.